Getting back on the wagon ... One week down.

Weekly Check-In:
This was my first real
week of getting back on track.  I call it my first real week because I actually tracked what I ate and exercised.  I tried for longer than 2 days and successfully made it.  Yay, go me!
Things I Loved This Week - 
Quaker Less Sugar Granola Bars - I know these probably still aren't the most ideal treat to be snacking on, but I don't really care.  I practically had one everyday this week. When I was craving something sweet these were perfect for me.  Like all things, I wish I could have eaten the whole box - but didn't.  :)  Coming in at 100 calories with less sugar than regular granola bars, these will definitely be a treat I will keep in my future.
Antioxidant Green Tea - For all those who used to follow me you know I am a huge tea fan, especially when I'm counting calories.  I often find that tea satisfies hunger when I am in between meals and I find it to be nice and relaxing at the end of a night. I have been drinking this tea in the mornings and mixing in some Organic Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar with a sprinkle of cinnamon.  Be careful if you put in the vinegar - you only want a little bit.
Ricola Sugar Free Drops - I have had some drainage this week with some allergy issues.  While these are not something that are specifically for me watching what I eat - they are definitely a great option to have when you need a cough drop but don't want ones full of sugar.
Friend Support - I can't give you a link to that, you just have to be lucky enough to have it.  I am not sure I would have made it 100% through the week with out it.  I had a friend reach out to me after my earlier blog post and shared with me that she is in the same boat.  Throughout messages during the week we have supported each other and shared what we have going on for the day.  I honestly can't say how much that helps a person.  If you want to lose weight or get healthier, definitely get your buddies on your side!
Week Successes - 
Tracked All Week. I have tracked all my food this week!  
Getting in my exercise.  Besides walking on my breaks at work I have even exercised at home.  That is probably one of my biggest accomplishments for the week.  Although I haven't done it everyday this week, any exercise is a big step for me.  I definitely feel like over the last year I haven't had focus on working out so this is one thing I really want to amp up.
Meal Prep and Bringing Lunch to Work.  I am a firm believer that meal prep is everything.  If you want to succeed, definitely meal prep.  It's too easy to go out to eat and not stay on track without a plan.
Week Misses - 
I think I did great this week.  I probably could have exercised a little more, but again I think I did great compared to what I was doing.
Recipes to Share - 
Italian Beef - Who doesn't love the ease of throwing a few things in a crock pot and having a meal.  It's a bonus that it tastes delicious.
Cheesy Corn Dog Muffins - I originally made these thinking my son would love these.  He loves cheese, corn bread and hot dogs - so what's not to love. I was like this is unicorn gold to a kid. However, in true 5-year-old form he acted like it was the death of him to eat a muffin. Let's call it bad night for an overly tired kid.  My husband and I loved them and I will definitely be making them again.  Sorry kid.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pie - I love this recipe for many reasons.  It's simple and it has BACON!  It's also delicious and often a meal that my husband will make so I get a night off of cooking - woo!
In case you missed why I decided to get back on track, check it out here. On to next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family