Week Three was a total miss ...
Weekly Check-In:
Well this was my third week of trying and I don't feel like it's even valid to say those words this week. I didn't try so much this week. This week was busy and a bit stressful with school starting. I know, however, these are not excuses for how my week turned out how it did. There will always be things going on in our lives. I was just lazy this week. After running around all day I didn't want to work out and I could have. I didn't want to make the best food choices and I should have. It's done and over and I move on.
Well this was my third week of trying and I don't feel like it's even valid to say those words this week. I didn't try so much this week. This week was busy and a bit stressful with school starting. I know, however, these are not excuses for how my week turned out how it did. There will always be things going on in our lives. I was just lazy this week. After running around all day I didn't want to work out and I could have. I didn't want to make the best food choices and I should have. It's done and over and I move on.
Things I Loved This Week -
Our Home Garden - My husband is wonderful and puts in a small garden for us every year. He tends to the garden and takes care of it so we can get some fresh produce at home. We don't plant much, but there is still nothing as wonderful as a homegrown tomato. This week we were finally getting some ripe tomatoes and peppers. I loved being able to incorporate these in some recipes this week.
Our Home Garden - My husband is wonderful and puts in a small garden for us every year. He tends to the garden and takes care of it so we can get some fresh produce at home. We don't plant much, but there is still nothing as wonderful as a homegrown tomato. This week we were finally getting some ripe tomatoes and peppers. I loved being able to incorporate these in some recipes this week.
Walk It Off In Thirty Days - I posted last week about Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds. I decided a few weeks ago to see what other workouts she has to offer to help change things up a bit. I ordered the Walk It Off in 30 Days. Now, keep in mind I didn't do this very much this week, but from what I did I can tell you this kicks up your heart rate and moves from her standard Walk Away the Pounds. I really liked it and liked that I could feel my heart getting a better workout.
Week Successes -
Week Successes -
Week Misses -
Not working out, not making good choices and not really trying. That pretty much sums it up.
Recipes to Share -
Blueberry Lemon Banana Yogurt Muffins - These are so good! My son loved, my husband loved them, I loved them. What's not to love about muffins with banana, blueberry and lemon. So good!
Lower Calorie Cheesy Garlie Bread - We like to have garlic bread when we have pasta at our house. The good news for us is we usually have the ingredients to quickly whip up some easy - low calorie bread. I start with a slice of 45 Calorie Sara Lee Bread and spray some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray on it. Sprinkle on some Garlic Powder and even out with a knife. I then throw it in the oven to broil for just a few minuts to get it a little toasty. This keeps it from getting too soggy. Take it out when you notice the edges getting the nice toasty look. Then take whatever shredded cheese you want to use and sprinkle just a little on top. I also like to shake some Parm Cheese on top too - but just a little. Throw it back in the oven on broil to let the cheese melt. Once the cheese is melty and a little toasty - take it out to cool. Then enjoy!
Comments
Post a Comment