A letter to my son ...
To Open on your Graduation Day ...
My Sweet Boy -
My Sweet Boy -
I am writing you this letter on your first day of Kindergarten.
This morning your dad and I were lucky enough to both get to take you to school and it was a blessing to get to do so.
I have to say that I was quite anxious. I was anxious in part because I was worried if you would be nervous and I was concerned on how you would do. I was also anxious because it's hard to believe that you could possibly be starting school. After all, it doesn't feel that long ago to me that you were placed in my arms when we first officially met after 9 months of our not-so-long distance relationship.
I know you are hearing this a lot, and even at your age now you really won't believe it - but time flies. Sometimes it's almost unfair at how fast it goes.
I am writing you this letter because I wanted you to know that you had a GREAT day!
It started last night when you carefully placed your Jitter Glitter from the teacher under your pillow and said, "I can't wait to get a good night's sleep." The Jitter Glitter must have worked because you had a long peaceful sleep.
In the morning you woke up in a great attitude. (I wish every morning was so great). You got dressed, brushed your teeth, took your first day pictures and even opened your big blue back-to-school cone I made you. We were even lucky enough to have enough time to play a quick game of Go Fish before we headed out the door.
When we arrived at school we quickly found a couple of your friends. You boys giggled and laughed as you patiently waited before you excitedly made your way into the school and your classrooms.
I was holding back tears as I watched how brave and excited you were. You lead your dad and I straight to your room. You happily put your things away, checked on the class fish and let me take even more photos. As everything seemed to have found it's place you turned to your dad and I with a smile and said, "Okay, see you guys." It was clear you were ready to start your day. You gave us kisses and a couple of hugs each before you walked straight to your spot on the classroom rug.
As your dad and I made our way to the door we gave you one more shout out for a good day and a wave goodbye. I'm so happy that you were smiling and waving as we said those goodbyes.
As I left the room the tears began to well in my eyes. Yes, perhaps I was a little sad that my baby is so grown up. However, most of my tears today were tears of pride. Son, I cannot tell you how proud you make me everyday - but even more so today.
I am so blessed to have you as my son. You inspire me each and every day. I hope you face everything in your future as you faced it today. May you always be brave, may you always be happy and may you always be smiling.
Comments
Post a Comment