There’s a dragon in that uterus

While I have seen steam come from Tiffany’s ears, I don’t really believe that there is a dragon residing in her womb.

Not because she couldn’t have a reptile inside her – consider the sources – but because dragons only exist in fairy tales (and also, for you zoology nerds, in the shape of a monitor lizard on some Indonesian islands, which include Komodo).

Our child will be born under the Shengxiao – or Chinese zodiac – sign of the dragon, just like his or her old man and both grandparents Schmitt. Needless to say there will be a lot of dragons surrounding one lone rooster (poor Tiffany).

The good news is our child could be magnanimous, stately, vigorous, strong, self-assured, proud, noble, direct, dignified, eccentric, intellectual, fiery, passionate, decisive, pioneering, artistic, generous and loyal.

On the down side baby Nation could also be tactless, arrogant, imperious, tyrannical, demanding, intolerant, dogmatic, violent, impetuous or brash.

A dragon can be an intense and powerful individual, capable of great good or great evil. At their worst, dragons are inflexible megalomaniacs and narcissists.

Basically, we could be creating a supervillian. Watch out Gotham City.

I also found this slightly unnerving quote: “whether male or female, dragons are libidinous and score quite a hit with the opposite sex.” I guess it is probably true, just ask Tiffany.

Also, “the dragon is gifted, intelligent, tenacious, willing and generous. He can do anything. No matter whether the dragon chooses an artistic career, medical or political one, he is going to shine in it. He will be a success wherever he goes.”

Another true dragon quote, “When a dragon enters a gathering, the room starts to simmer.”

Unfortunately, enthusiastic to the point of impetuosity, dragons have big mouths.

But the Chinese say that the dragon leaves wealth and prosperity in his path. Hence, the dragon leads the street processions during Chinese New Year.

Some famous dragons include Sigmund Freud, Martin Luther King, Shirley Temple, Grace Kelly, Oliver Hardy, Christopher Reeves and Florence Nightingale.

Comments

  1. Love your new blog! Happy writing!!
    Elizabeth Mix

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered that I'm a Water Dog - faithful, affectionate, flexible and relaxed. (Sometimes.) Thomas is a Metal Tiger - Assertive, competitive and sharp, once Metal Tigers set their sights on their goals there’s no stopping them. They’ll always do what’s necessary to remain at the center of attention. (Sounds like him!) And Matt is an Earth Goat - Stable with feet firmly planted in the ground, Earth Goats are conservative, independent and practical. Most important in life is the family and they truly enjoy all that life has to offer. (Spot on!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family