Projects to keep busy with
There is nothing I love more than projects and I’m pretty sure they love me too. I love to keep busy. I hate just sitting. Perhaps I have a touch of ADD or perhaps I just can’t allow myself to be truly lazy. Either way it means if I’m bored and got some down time I find a project to wrap myself in.
Planning for the wedding was great. There was always a project to do. I love DIYs and I made sure to involve as many as I could in my wedding. I put together my centerpieces, made place cards with sayings, made table numbers (I never got to use), and made homemade tags for the favors. Basically, if I could make it I did it.
Now that the wedding is done there is less to do … or so I thought. Low and behold we have a baby on the way which means there is always something to do. However, it’s not always what I want to do. Some projects involve cleaning the room that will be the nursery and organizing items within this room, etc. However, I have made sure to find plenty of crafty projects I could do too.
Thankfully, and God bless her heart for it, a few years ago my mother taught me to crochet. It took me a while to get it but once I did I was a crocheting machine. So, of course one of my current projects is making Baby their very first baby blanket made by me , their mommy J. I’m sure it’s just the first of many to come. I know once I find out the gender of the baby and have a better idea of what direction the nursery will be going I will have more blanket color schemes up my sleeve.
Another project keeping me busy is making these adorable little felt owls for my cousin’s upcoming baby shower. I found this pattern online and it’s just so simple to do and I love the finished product. You could sew a ribbon on the back of these to make a cute little ornament or you can glue a little magnet on the back for ridiculously sweet fridge décor. I’m making these little guys as favors for my cousin’s shower. I hope the guests enjoy them as much as I do. Here's the pattern if you are interested: http://juicy-bits.typepad.com/juicy_bits/2009/12/131-give-a-hoot-for-the-holidays.html
I guess between my fun crafty projects and my need-to-be-done spare bedroom projects I should find myself short on time for vacant sitting around. Thankfully.

Comments
Post a Comment