The simple things that blow my mind

For any of you who are reading this and are parents, this blog will just be a reminder. For the rest of you, you will probably think I need to get out more.
My son will be a year old next month. I can't begin to tell you what a crazy, hectic, sleepless, thankful, blessed, wonderful, loving year this has been for me.
Watching my child grow up these past 11 months has truly been a gift. There is nothing more amazing then watching a little one learn to do things.  From learning to pick up food with their chubby little fingers, to holding a sippy cup, to pulling themselves up or even just rolling over. It never gets old.
I've learned that when you become a parent you become a cheerleader. No matter what the new challenge is, I am always right by his side cheering him on.
I've learned that even the simple things blow my mind. Just sitting and watching him as he studies a toy and figures out which button to push to turn it on makes me ecstatic. I can't help it.
He recently learned how to use a sippy cup and it just tickles me every time he grabs the cup and takes a drink. I know, you're saying "A sippy cup excites you?" But, it does.
I have said it before and I will say it again. I'm not sure I really knew what living life was until I became a parent. I'm learning about life and how wonderful the small joys and accomplishments are no matter what age we are. I'm learning that there is a love that is so big there are no words to describe it. I'm learning that I will forever have this little miracle who will continue to awe me in ways I never knew I could be awed.  I love that.

Comments

  1. Soak up every minute of it! Before you know it, he'll be running past all those milestones and you'll miss these small significant moments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family