Here I go again ...

Well, it's that time in my life again where I have decided to try to lose a little weight. As anyone who knows me knows, this is an ongoing battle of my life.
I have never been average size. Well, perhaps I have been average size, but according to BMI charts I've always been overweight and obese. So, there you go.
A couple girlfriends asked me if I wanted to start tracking my weight. I decided I would because I know I have some pounds to lose.
It's funny because I'm always overweight and deep down it always bothers me, but it never bothers me enough to do too much about it. I always have an excuse ... "I'm a working mom. When do I have time to work out?"  "I'm a working mom. I need to fix something quick and easy for dinner."  As much as those 2 statements feel true, I know deep down if I wanted to do something about my weight, I would make the time.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking to get to a size 8 or be 120 pounds. I don't have crazy goals. I just want to feel better and live a healthier lifestyle for my son. I want to be able to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. That's pretty much it.
I will still indulge in the good things in life. I may be overweight, but I'm not bat-shit crazy. I will still have fries, a glass of wine and perhaps a Snickers blizzard when I feel the need. I'm only human.  :)
So, today was our first weigh-in. I am hoping that by admitting that I'm starting this online, I may have some motivation to stick to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family