Everyone has an addiction. For some people it's as simple as caffiene (I definitely have that addiction too) and for others it's something totally off the wall different. My biggest addiction - party planning. Yes, I just said party planning. How can that be an addiction you might ask? I can't explain it in specifics, but I can tell you I have it. I can tell you that I love hosting get-togethers. I love planning details. I love crafting and making decorations, or favors, or whatever it may be that I can whip up with my own two hands. Case in point - my son's third birthday party. Kid's have parties - true. Moms plan their birthday parties - true. I probably started planning my son's birthday a good five months out. It's not like I need that much time, I just can't wait to start planning! I figure out a theme he wants (or would like) and then I just take off with it. "What kind of food should we serve?" "What sh...
I have fallen off the wagon. Yes, the health wagon. I had been doing so well. I was counting calories, tracking on Myfitnesspal, etc. However, with taking some vacation time last week I simply allowed myself too much freedoms. I was all, "Chips? ... Heck ya." "Twinkies? ... Why not?" "Alcohol? ... Well, I am on vacation." It was no surprise when I stepped on the scale this week I was up. As of today I am up 3 pounds still. Uggg. As easy and quick as it is to put that 3 pounds on, I will have to work my ass for a good week or two to kiss it goodbye. I'm hoping I find my motivation again and get back on track.
“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables. I love that quote and I love October. What's not to love about October? This month we get more fall weather, we get to carve pumpkins, go trick-or-treating, and have ghoulish get-togethers. Here are some ways to kick off your first week of October! Fall Health Focus : Pumpkin Squats. You heard that right. Do you have a pumpkin sitting out on your front porch? Grab it and start squatting. Start day one with maybe 15 or 20 squats. Increase your reps each day by 5. Get that booty into fall shape! Fall Family Fun : Decorate for Halloween and let the whole family help. Decorating doesn't have to be expensive. You can make homemade decorations, hit up the dollar store or even the dollar section of your closest Target. Then allow everyone in the house to help hang up the cheesy jack-o-lantern faces, the flying ...
Comments
Post a Comment