The days of daycare are coming
Two weeks from today my son officially starts daycare. I'm already a hot mess.
He is over a year old, but for the last year his "daycare" has been Grandma. I think it's been the best daycare anyone could ask for. I know he gets good cuddles, kisses, hugs and lots of love with Grandma. I am so happy that he has had this time with her. I know it's built a special bond between the two of them.
However, I know the time has come that Ray must experience a new kind of daycare. He needs to be with other kids. He needs new experiences, new challenges and new friends. He is so busy body all the time, I think the interaction with other kids and new toys will be exactly what he needs.
However, I also know that the first week or so will be tough on my little guy. For starting out as a sociable bug, he has most recently turned into a spider monkey. He fiercely clings to me when someone tries to hold him. He has cried frantically when left at the YMCA daycare while mommy works out. He officially has turned into his mother. I was the exact same way. I am the original spider monkey.
I am hoping that in time he will adjust and enjoy going to daycare. That he will enjoy learning new things and making new friends. I know he will do great. Now, if I only I had as much confidence in myself for the transition.
Comments
Post a Comment