Is it too early for pumpkin everything?

My favorite time of year is quickly approaching. Hard to believe August is almost half over and the crisp air, changing leaves and sounds of football will soon be here.
Autumn is the best season ever! At least in my eyes. There is nothing better than the sweet smells of pumpkin candles, the taste of smooth pumpkin pie and the coziness of pumpkin spice lattes. Admittedly, I already have Yankee Candle's Apple Pumpkin scenting up my house.
I have about a hundred favorite things about this season, but one of my favorite things is movie traditions. I know a lot of people have Christmas movie traditions but there are fall/Halloween movie traditions too. Growing up I remember watching The Worst Witch with Tim Curry every year and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Then along came Hocus Pocus and Corpse Bride. Now that I'm an adult I have to add in Practical Magic and You've Got Mail (not a traditional fall movie, but in my eyes it is). I also love watching ABC's 31 days of Halloween!
Another favorite of mine is going to the pumpkin patch.  I love this!  It doesn't matter how old you are, there is nothing better than being in the fall air roaming the pumpkin patch. A lot of pumpkin patches have hay rack rides, games, animals and all kinds of yummy treats.  It's a perfect way to spend a fall day.
I also LOVE and yes, that should be capitalized, LOVE fall craft fairs. For some reason fall brings out the extra craftiness in me. I love buying crafts for the upcoming holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas).  I also love making crafts this time of year. It's the perfect time to make a new fall door wreath or even to begin making some home made Christmas presents.
These are just a few of my favorite things to do in the fall. What are some of yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family