Not the only ones nesting ...

The other night while watering my impatient on the front porch I noticed there was a tiny nest nestled among the stems and flower buds.  Over the weekend I had noticed a little brown and red bird hanging around the front yard and apparently it was because he was busy making a nest!

Yesterday morning Chad took a peak in the impatient and noticed there was an egg in the nest. Then today he looked again and there are two eggs! It's so exciting to know that there is another soon to be mommy around the house!

We have determined that the lovely couple nesting are a set of house finches. The male is so pretty and he is a beautiful singer. While washing the dishes the last few days I have been serenaded by him as he stands guard over his little lady and her eggs.

It should be interesting to see how many eggs there will be in the end and watching the babies grow!  Yay! to the growing families inside and outside the house!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family