Kicking off my new year right

This week was a little rough getting back into a normal eating routine. I had been drowning in fudge, ice cream cake, homemade Chex mix, wine, etc. for weeks, so it was a little difficult cutting myself cold turkey again on a buffet of high calorie treats.  
I think the hardest thing was being hungry ... all the time.  Funny how quickly we can stretch our stomachs when we eat as much as we want, as often as we want.
Here is a quick recap of my first week back:
Things I Loved This Week - 
Vitatops muffins.  I had never heard of these until I read a HungryGirl article this week.  I sought them out at our local HyVee frozen food section in the Health department.  These are delicious, low calorie and packed full of goodness.  I have had them as a snack and as breakfast this week.  These will definitely become a staple in my house.
Quest Bars - A friend recommended these to me.  They are high in protein, high in fiber and low in carbs.  They have all different flavors.  I actually enjoyed their taffy like texture.  I also found these at the local HyVee in the Health section.  A little costly per bar, but nice to throw in the mix once in a while.
Week Successes - 
Eating at home every night this week.  I made healthy dinner options this week and we have not ate out for dinner once this week, which is big news for us.  It's nice having healthy dinners, but more importantly sitting at the table with my family every night.
Sticking to my calories.  Although I have craved everything from Russel Stovers chocolates to fried Chinese food to fried chicken parmesan - I have stuck to eating the dinners we made at home and stuck to my calories.  Don't get me wrong, the dinners I made this week have been delicious and I will allow myself chocolate - but not eating some of these things this week was a major success.
No pop. - I have not had a single pop all week.
Week Misses - 
Not exercising enough.  One of the things I really wanted to do to kick off the new year was to work out more.  Although I have walked on my breaks at work, I didn't make any effort to workout at home this week.  Hopefully, I find more motivation next week.
Recipes to Share - 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family