364 days

As I write this my son is 364 days old.  In less than 24 hours he will officially be a one-year-old.
So many words come to my mind "wow," "really," "what," "how did this happen so fast?"
It doesn't seem like a year ago that I was sitting on this sofa anxiously anticipating our early morning departure from the house to head to the hospital. Sitting here knowing my life was going to change, but not really knowing what that meant. None of the 100 books I read could really have told me what I was going to experience. No relative, friend nor many a stranger could have prepared me for what was going to happen in a mere 24 hours.
364 days ago my husband and I shared the last night as just the two of us.
As I sat tonight rocking my little man before bedtime I had flashes of memories rush over me. I found myself getting teary eyed as we rocked listening to the lullabies streaming softly through the room.
364 days ago was a wonderful time in my life, but 365 days ago was the best thing that ever happened to me.
365 days ago I became I mother. If you are a mother you know how much power is held in those words. 365 days ago I learned to love beyond what I ever thought my heart could hold. 365 days ago I became closer to my husband through that love. 365 days ago I met a little boy who stole my heart.
I still remember every moment of that day. I will cherish those memories always, but I am certain I will reflect on them even more so just as I did tonight, every eve of my son's birthday.
Happy Birthday eve to my wonderful little boy! Thank you for giving me everything!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family