My favorite season for fun
It is officially Fall which is my favorite time of year. There is nothing I dislike about fall. I love the amber skies, the bright leaves, the crisp air, school spirit, cups of warm tea, cozy blankets and yummy fall recipes.
I decided to try to mix things up a bit. I am going to try to blog each week with some fall themed fun. Since I love fall so much, why not incorporate it into some healthy routines, fun times and tasty recipes.
Each week will feature 5 areas - health, fun, food, nature and a photo challenge. So, let's give it a try for week one!
Fall Health Focus: This week is finally a little cooler. I wouldn't call low 70's exactly fall weather, but we are getting there. This is the perfect temperature to get outside and walk. I'm currently in a step challenge with my dad so each day I have been aiming at getting 10,000 steps. Most days I make it, but there are plenty of days that I don't. This week's goal is to get out in the fresh air and get moving. Fall allergies be damned. So, give yourself the same challenge. See if you can get out this week in that fall air for some healthy steps.
Fall Family Fun: I love crafting and fall and winter are my favorite crafting seasons. This week try to make this craft with your kiddos. This fall tree paper plate snow globe looks so neat, and let's be honest, relatively easy for those of us who might not have a lot of time.
Fall for Foodies: Here are two delicious and relatively easy recipes to start off with. This lightened up creamy chicken noodle soup is a favorite in my house! And, what's not to love about these simple and delicious (not to mention lower calorie) muffins. Feel free to mix it up a bit by adding chocolate chips or nuts to your muffins.
Fall Into Nature: This week you might already be taking the walking challenge above. That is a great escape into nature this season. However, if you are not up to walking and still want some of that fresh air, try having a cup of coffee on your porch before you start the day. If your mornings are too rushed and there's no time for that, try having a cup of warm tea in the evening outside.
Fall Photo Challenge: Pumpkins and apples are everywhere. Get a photo with one of these beautiful fall harvests. Some examples could be capturing a family member or friend apple picking, your child eating an apple, a big orange pumpkin that could battle any pumpkin in the patch, a delicious apple pie cooling, or even your family eating some of the yummy pumpkin muffins in the recipe above.
Comments
Post a Comment