Getting back on track

This summer has been rough on me.  Don't get me wrong, it's been a lot of fun, but too much fun when it comes to food and drink.  I guess it really hasn't been so much rough on me as much as it has been on my scale.  :)
This week my husband and I got back on track.  I am so glad he's on board with me, as it always makes it easier when you are both trying!
I started off the week with a meal plan and weekly goals.  I definitely think that having a plan helps keep you on track.  I would say my success so far has been from planning meals and tracking calories.
Things I Loved This Week - 
Sunbelt Bakery Banana Harvest Bars - These were an impulse buy at the grocery store earlier this week, and a totally good one!  They are 110 calories and are super delicious ... that is if you like things that have banana flavor - which I think is either a love or hate preference.  They have made for a quick breakfast option or a sweet treat snack in the day.  Bonus, my 3-year-old loves them too.
Quaker Chewy Coconut Caramel Granola Bars - I must me on a granola bar kick.  These, too, were an impulse buy but on a different day.  How could I pass up anything that shows a Girl Scout cookie on it?  These are 100 calories and make for a perfect snack when you are craving, what else, cookies!
My Workouts!! - I hate working out.  I always have, and probably always will.  However, I know it has to be done.  This week I started CIZE.  CIZE the new Shaun T workout that's like dancing.  He takes you through each step teaching you new moves.  You continually add new moves until you have you routine at the end.  I love dancing, so this is a fun way for me to get my workout in.  I have to say that I actually sweated a lot more on these workouts than I expected - so hey, it must be working!   My other favorite workout is ZUMBA.  I love attending my ZUMBA class each week. This is the one workout I actually do not in my living room.  I actually go attend a class and it's so much fun!  Again, it's dancing so how could it not be!
Week Successes - 
Bringing Lunch to Work. This may sound silly to some of you, but I basically eat out for lunch every day during the week.  Keep in mind when I eat out I do track my calories - so I am typically eating something within my calorie range, but probably still not the healthiest for me.  Bringing my lunch to work was a great choice this week.  It definitely helped me stay on track (because I don't get the option to last minute change my mind and order fries) and it is also way cheaper!
Making it a Whole Week!!! - I made a whole week of tracking my food, following a plan and getting workouts in.  Just showing myself that I can stick with this for the week is a huge success to me.  Sometimes when you fall off the wagon, getting back on track is the hardest thing!
Recipes to Share - 
V8 Soup - I made this on Sunday night and brought it for my lunches this week.  
Crock pot Salsa Chicken - I made a variation of this.  I added a packet of reduced sodium taco seasoning and a packet of dry ranch dressing mix.  It was fabulous and made wonderful leftovers.  We made chicken tacos with the mixture and loved it!
Crock pot Breakfast Casserole - Who doesn't love the convenience of the crock pot?  I know I do!  We had this actually for dinner so the night before I prepped the sausage and the veggies, which made it easier to just throw everything in before I left for work the next day.  Not the pretties to look at, but was super delicious!  Add some ketchup, salsa, or hot sauce on top and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family