What weight loss has meant to me
So, this morning I weighed myself and hit a major milestone. I weighed in at 148.8. I know some of you may think that is a high number. Perhaps it is to some people, but not to me.
As a person who has lived the majority of her adult life in the 190s-210s, 148.8 is clearly not a high number.
Hitting the 140's is a huge milestone to me. Here's what seeing 148.8 this morning meant to me ... It's a number I never thought I'd see on a scale. It's a continued representation that what I'm doing is working. It's hope that I can make my goal. It's so much more than just a number.
My goal weight is to reach 140. When I hit 145 I will FINALLY be in a "normal" BMI for my height. However, to push myself I want to make 140. I know that after the last 55 pounds I've already lost, I can make that number happen.
I'm so thankful that through this journey I have had so many wonderful and supportive family and friends who inspire me and motivate me everyday. Their praises, their acknowledgements, their journey's shared, are all a part of my success.
One thing I've also come across through this journey has been some negativity ... be it intentional or not. I've heard "Well, you know weight loss is a lifestyle change." "You didn't take supplements did you?" "Hopefully you aren't starving yourself."
Well, let me clear some things up. I did not take any supplements. This is pure counting calories and light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. This is NOT starving myself. I eat a healthy and normal amount of calories ... I just have to eat healthier than I used to. Plus, I want to add that even though I eat healthier I still treat myself to Dairy Queen Blizzards, wine and french fries now and then. I know weight loss is a lifestyle change. I get that. I clearly had to make the decision to make a change to see a change.
All this said, will I ever put my weight back on. I hope I don't, but I'm not going to sit here and say that I won't. Clearly my weight is an ongoing battle of my life. If weight wasn't an issue then I wouldn't have been obese before. I hope that I continue to go on and make my goal. I hope I've learned the necessary tools to maintain a healthier lifestyle. I hope for my own continued success.
I also wanted to share with you some of what this weight loss has meant to me so far.
Weight loss has meant -
Being able to wake up in the morning and not have my feet tingle when they touch the ground due to the extra weight I was carrying. My son weighs approx 27 pounds. I have lost 2 of him. I can't even imagine carrying two of him around all day, everyday like my body used to be doing.
Being able to walk up a hill or a flight of stairs and not having to pant for 10 minutes trying to recover. There are times I still pant, but my body has a much quicker recovery time.
Being able to cross my legs and not have extra inches of fat between them. Although still bottom heavy, having my legs smaller is one of my happiest parts of losing weight so far. At night when I lay on my side I can feel my knees touch. That's a different feeling when you are used to just fat touching.
Being able to buy clothes in any store for the most part. That is obviously a great thing!! Not only can I buy clothes in more stores, the clothes are also available in more styles that are cute and fun and also CHEAPER!!
These are just a few of the awesome parts I've experienced losing weight.
I have some friends who are also on a weight loss journey. Here's is what I have to say to them and to anyone who wants to lose weight. If you want it bad enough, you'll do it. You'll make the commitment to make it happen and you CAN do it!! Progress sometimes is slow, it's not seen right away or felt right away, but if you just stick with it you will see results and you will feel AWESOME and no one can take that away from you!
As a person who has lived the majority of her adult life in the 190s-210s, 148.8 is clearly not a high number.
Hitting the 140's is a huge milestone to me. Here's what seeing 148.8 this morning meant to me ... It's a number I never thought I'd see on a scale. It's a continued representation that what I'm doing is working. It's hope that I can make my goal. It's so much more than just a number.
My goal weight is to reach 140. When I hit 145 I will FINALLY be in a "normal" BMI for my height. However, to push myself I want to make 140. I know that after the last 55 pounds I've already lost, I can make that number happen.
I'm so thankful that through this journey I have had so many wonderful and supportive family and friends who inspire me and motivate me everyday. Their praises, their acknowledgements, their journey's shared, are all a part of my success.
One thing I've also come across through this journey has been some negativity ... be it intentional or not. I've heard "Well, you know weight loss is a lifestyle change." "You didn't take supplements did you?" "Hopefully you aren't starving yourself."
Well, let me clear some things up. I did not take any supplements. This is pure counting calories and light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. This is NOT starving myself. I eat a healthy and normal amount of calories ... I just have to eat healthier than I used to. Plus, I want to add that even though I eat healthier I still treat myself to Dairy Queen Blizzards, wine and french fries now and then. I know weight loss is a lifestyle change. I get that. I clearly had to make the decision to make a change to see a change.
All this said, will I ever put my weight back on. I hope I don't, but I'm not going to sit here and say that I won't. Clearly my weight is an ongoing battle of my life. If weight wasn't an issue then I wouldn't have been obese before. I hope that I continue to go on and make my goal. I hope I've learned the necessary tools to maintain a healthier lifestyle. I hope for my own continued success.
I also wanted to share with you some of what this weight loss has meant to me so far.
Weight loss has meant -
Being able to wake up in the morning and not have my feet tingle when they touch the ground due to the extra weight I was carrying. My son weighs approx 27 pounds. I have lost 2 of him. I can't even imagine carrying two of him around all day, everyday like my body used to be doing.
Being able to walk up a hill or a flight of stairs and not having to pant for 10 minutes trying to recover. There are times I still pant, but my body has a much quicker recovery time.
Being able to cross my legs and not have extra inches of fat between them. Although still bottom heavy, having my legs smaller is one of my happiest parts of losing weight so far. At night when I lay on my side I can feel my knees touch. That's a different feeling when you are used to just fat touching.
Being able to buy clothes in any store for the most part. That is obviously a great thing!! Not only can I buy clothes in more stores, the clothes are also available in more styles that are cute and fun and also CHEAPER!!
These are just a few of the awesome parts I've experienced losing weight.
I have some friends who are also on a weight loss journey. Here's is what I have to say to them and to anyone who wants to lose weight. If you want it bad enough, you'll do it. You'll make the commitment to make it happen and you CAN do it!! Progress sometimes is slow, it's not seen right away or felt right away, but if you just stick with it you will see results and you will feel AWESOME and no one can take that away from you!
Comments
Post a Comment