Sharing faith with my son

My son is only 7 months old but I already find it important to start teaching him about faith.
I have recently started taking my son to church. Growing up my parents always took us to church. I was raised Catholic and it was just known that on Sundays we would be attending mass. Though I am not sure I always appreciated what it meant when I was a child, I definitely appreciate and respect what going to church did for me.
First let me say that although I am Catholic and attend a Catholic church, I am a believer that faith is much more important that any one specific religious belief. Having faith in God is so much more than what church you go to.
When my parents took me to church they exposed me to faith. I learned to have faith in something bigger than myself. And I felt that by having faith in God, I had better faith in myself, in my friends and in my family.
I also firmly believe that going to church and having my faith helped teach me morals and respect that one could only learn through faith.
One thing that is important to me is giving that to my son and sharing with him what I had experienced. I want him to be exposed to learning about God. I want him to learn that there is something out there bigger than any of us. I want him to know that someone is always watching over us, guiding us and protecting us. I hope that by taking him to church and teaching him about God it shows him how much I love him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Might need a mom intervention

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

October fun for the whole family