Might need a mom intervention

Everyone has an addiction.  For some people it's as simple as caffiene (I definitely have that addiction too) and for others it's something totally off the wall different.  My biggest addiction - party planning.  Yes, I just said party planning.
How can that be an addiction you might ask?  I can't explain it in specifics, but I can tell you I have it.  I can tell you that I love hosting get-togethers. I love planning details. I love crafting and making decorations, or favors, or whatever it may be that I can whip up with my own two hands.
Case in point - my son's third birthday party.  Kid's have parties - true.  Moms plan their birthday parties - true.  I probably started planning my son's birthday a good five months out.  It's not like I need that much time, I just can't wait to start planning!  I figure out a theme he wants (or would like) and then I just take off with it.  "What kind of food should we serve?"  "What shall the favors be?"  "What decorations can I make?"
Thankfully, I have two lovely assistants when it comes to party planning.  The first is assistant - Pinterest.  What did we do before Pinterest?  Oh, I could get lost for hours pinning ideas for a party.  Pinterest was made for me, I swear.  My second assistant - my husband.  Though he is not into party planning like me, he has succumbed to my crazy addiction and is kind enough to assist me when it comes to ideas that I may need a little more help on.  He is so handy - I can just show him what I want and within minutes/hours, I have it. 
I know sometimes I got over the top.  I'm not talking over the top in expenses - because the reality is I try to party plan on a budget.  We make a lot of our stuff or look for deals/sales. I think I go over the top in having more than we need. Do we need place cards for the food with theme inspired names?  Do we need favors for the party?  Do we need to feed an army?  
The answer for me is usually simple.  No.  No, we don't.  However, I do it because I enjoy it.  I do it because I want it to be fun.  I do it because it's a form of expression for me to show that  I care for the people I'm hosting or the person who the party is for.  I hope it's an enjoyable time for them.  I want them to be happy ... and fed well - ha. 
I just love making these memories ... and, who are we kidding, the decorations. :)
One of the amazing projects my husband helped make for my son's birthday.  A homemade claw machine for a Toy Story birthday.  Told you he was a good assistant!

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've fallen and ... I'm trying to get up

Baptism