Mother's Day Adventures
I love this time of year. The days are getting longer, the sunshine feels warmer, the trees are blooming - leaving their sweet blossoming scents lingering in the air. I just love the feeling of spring!
One of my favorite places that we would visit on Mother's Day was The Greenbrier. The Greenbrier is a beautiful luxury resort in White Sulphur Springs, WV. We attended their Mother's Day Brunch multiple times. I remember as a young girl walking up and down long tables covered in lavish foods and centerpieces of beautiful flowers spilling out the tops like water fountains. We would dine til our bellies were full and, if the weather was nice, we would stroll around the grounds.
I have to admit that the last few Mother's Days have been especially wonderful since I became a mommy. There is nothing more wonderful than having an amazing little boy who lights up my life to spend it with. I love getting to share our family traditions with him and I hope that we continue to celebrate these together for years to come!
In spring comes Mother's Day. I always look forward to Mother's Day - even long before I became a mommy. In my family Mother's Day was always special. We always dressed up and took mom out to a beautiful brunch/lunch. It was a day to celebrate her, but it was a day we all enjoyed. It was often like a mini-getaway.
One of my favorite places that we would visit on Mother's Day was The Greenbrier. The Greenbrier is a beautiful luxury resort in White Sulphur Springs, WV. We attended their Mother's Day Brunch multiple times. I remember as a young girl walking up and down long tables covered in lavish foods and centerpieces of beautiful flowers spilling out the tops like water fountains. We would dine til our bellies were full and, if the weather was nice, we would stroll around the grounds.
We have continued our tradition of going out to beautiful brunches on Mother's Day and one of my favorite places is The Lied Lodge in Nebraska City. I love taking the day trip car ride, daydreaming out the window and sipping on some yummy Starbucks as we make our way there. I always enjoy their food, especially their cheese blitzes - YUM!! I especially love if the weather is nice and we get to enjoy walking the trails and perhaps stopping at The Apple House Market for some wine tasting.
I love that we spend it together as a family every year. I love having the day to laugh and dine with my family. I love getting dressed up (well, at least dressed up compared to my day to day wear).
I have to admit that the last few Mother's Days have been especially wonderful since I became a mommy. There is nothing more wonderful than having an amazing little boy who lights up my life to spend it with. I love getting to share our family traditions with him and I hope that we continue to celebrate these together for years to come!
Comments
Post a Comment